- Get Involved
Think Globally. Act Locally.
Where: Start online and then read in your family room, at the park, at a beach, wherever you want!
When: May 15th to October 31st -- you can join at any time between these dates
Why: Because YOU have the power to change a child’s life by reading books, right here and right now. Just $25 helps educate a child in India through Pratham programs for an entire year!
How: Create your fundraising Webpage, contact sponsors, read books, raise money, help less fortunate kids in India learn to read.
Get Started as a Reader
- Get your parents’ permission to participate in the Readathon.
- Find out what Pratham does, click here.
- Create your webpage at SeeYourImpact. For instructions, click here.
- Ask your parents for help to contact sponsors (family members, friends, neighbors, teachers etc.) Let them know how many books you plan to read.
- Read lots of books! And remind your sponsors to support your efforts.
- Thank your sponsors for their support!
- See how many less fortunate children in India you were able to help with your reading!
High School Students: Interested in doing worthwhile community service and having a great essay for your college application? Then consider volunteering as a Readathon Coordinator.
Get Started as a Readathon Coordinator
- Learn about the Readathon Coordinator role click here.
- Review the Getting Started guide for Readathon Coordinators click here.
Please contact Pratham Readathon 2013 National Co-chairs, Vineeta Salvi or Divya Walia at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have questions about the Readathon, Pratham, or other ways to get involved.