- Get Involved
Vocational Skills Program
Pratham believes school should sharpen young people’s employability, too
We teach skills that help India’s youth find jobs.
In India, there are a large number of 18-30 year-olds that don’t have a formal education or the required vocational skills to be gainfully employed. In response, this program has two objectives:
- To provide disadvantaged adolescents with fundamental skills to make them eligible for employment and further training
- To provide job training to youth who have had trouble with the law or are in prison
Our program helps kids follow their dreams.
The Vocational Skills Program prepares India’s youth for success by teaching relevant skills for today. The program lets them choose their path in areas as diverse as banking, agriculture or restaurants and hotels. Through our new entrepreneurship program, they can learn what it takes to start their own businesses.
Pratham’s prestigious partnerships make it possible.
- Larsen & Turbo provides training in the construction industry
- Taj Hotels provides training in the hospitality industry
- Godrej Agrovet provides training in agriculture
- Deutsche Bank provides training in banking and financial services
- Landmark Group provides training for working in the retail environment
Already this program is creating a measurable workforce.
Started in 2005, this program currently has seven centers across Maharashtra. So far, over 3,500 youth have been trained.
Help India’s youth rise up from poverty. Make a contribution today.